Employment at Covenant Christian School is open to qualified individuals who are “born-again” Christians of good character, without regard or reference to race, gender, national or ethnic origin, color, age, or disability. Covenant Christian School is a religious educational ministry of Covenant Presbyterian Church, permitted to discriminate on the basis of religion. All prospective and current employees must conduct their lives in conformity with both the church's and school’s Statements of Faith and with all standards of ethical and moral integrity.
Employment Application (PDF)
Employment Application (Word doc)
Link to Westminster Confession of Faith:
Center for Reformed Theology and Apologetics
Director of Advancement (Full-time): The Director of Advancement will build deeper relationships within the community, cultivate a partnership with organizations and identify partners to join with Covenant Christian School (CCS) in advancing the elements of Christian education. The incumbent will enhance, advance and strengthen Covenant Christian School through communications, marketing, public relations and fundraising efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Lead, manage and organize fundraising events.
· Manage relationships with prospective and existing donors in all aspects of the gift cycle,
including identifying and initiating contact with potential donors; making solicitations when
appropriate; and maintain stewardship contact with donors.
· Personally cultivate and strengthen relationships with major donors through positive
communication, representation and special activities/events.
· Coordinate Head of School personal cultivation and management of major donor
· Establish and maintain contact with key individuals in corporations with potential for
contributing funds, services and material resources.
· Cultivate and numerically increase donor relationships to grow relevant funds and/or
· Accomplish agreed upon annual strategic development plan and/or focus area.
· Submit monthly reports to the Head of School showing progress, results vs. goals and
costs vs. budget.
Communications: Oversee and monitor all internet and external communications to confirm look, style and message is consistent.
Marketing/ Public Relations:
· Provide leadership for all Covenant Christian School's marketing and public relations efforts.
· The Covenant constituency and surrounding community grow in understanding of the
school's mission and how it is being accomplished.
· Relationships within the school constituency are continually strengthened.
Qualifications and Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The primary qualifications for this position are as follows:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
· Solid time management skills and organization abilities. Must be able to multi-task.
· Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children's
education and be prepared to assist them in that task.
· Respectfully submit and be loyal to constituted authority. Shall notify administration of any
policy he/she is unable to support.
· Engaged co-workers who strengthens staff cohesion and effectiveness.
· Whole-hearted and enthusiastic support of the school's mission and vision.
· A demonstrated ability in the following areas: personable one on one, small group and large
group communication, organization, delegation and relationship building.
· Ability to meet deadlines and be punctual for meetings.
· Ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations is critical, as well as the ability to
work independently and not require a lot of daily coaching.
· Must be a Christian who supports our overall church vision; must be or become a member of
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, non-profit management or similar is preferred, but not required. More important than the college degree is experience in fund development, marketing and/or public relations where these skills have been demonstrated and developed.
Please submit a completed application and resume to email@example.com.